1. Who was the informant on Montag’s home?
Mildred and a neighbor
2. Why did Montag kill Captain Beatty?
Captain Beatty annoyed him by saying books are useless. He made him burn down his own house, and said he would kill Faber.
3. Why didn’t Montag run away before he killed Captain Beatty?
The mechanical hound was nearby
4. Where did Montag go after he killed Captain Beatty?
5. When Montag left Faber’s house, which direction did he go?
towards the river and railroad tracks
6. Why did Montag take whiskey, a suitcase, and some of Faber’s dirty clothes with him?
To get rid of his scent, and send mechanical hound on a wild chase.
7. What did the railroad tracks mean to Montag?
Freedom: feels like he is transforming, and is free to be who ever he wants.
8. What was different about the fire Montag saw after leaving the river?
It wasn’t burning anything, it was actually helping someone.
9. During the manhunt for Montag by the hound, why did the camera identify an innocent men as Montag?
They lost Montag, and didn’t want people suspecting. Government wants to capture everyone.
10. What was different about the hobos Montag Met? Why did each man identify himself as a famous author or piece of literature?
These hobos identified themselves as a famous author or book, and had it all memorized. They read books, and understood them . They identified themselves as famous authors/books because they all have a role. One person has to remember a book, and so do others.
11. What had Montag been able to memorize?
Book of Ecclesiastes
12. What happened to the city during the war?
It was destroyed, left falling and burning to the ground.
13. What did Montag and the intellectuals believe their mission to be once the war ended?
Get more followers to those who wished to learn more about books.