What does Macbeth do to Macdonald after he defeats him?
Cuts off his head and places it on the battlements
What new title does Macbeth receive early in Act one?
Thames of Cawdor
The Weird Sisters greet Macbeth as
Thane of Glamis
thane of Cawdor
thane of Cawdor
How do the Weird Sisters greet Banquo?
“Thou shalt get kings, though thou be none.”
5. Who does Duncan name as his successor?
6. Lady Macbeth calls on supernatural powers to _____________.
hover through fog and filthy air
7. Who will the Macbeths frame as Duncan’s murderer?
8. Lady Macbeth tells Macbeth “When you durst do it, then ___________.”
you were a man
9. What does Lady Macbeth say she would do with her child if she had to?
Dash its brains out
10. What does Banquo think about the witches’ predictions?
He dreams that they may come true, but he will do nothing about them
11. What does Macbeth think he sees floating in front of him as he goes to kill Duncan?
A bloody dagger
12. What can’t Macbeth say when he hears the bodyguards praying?
13. Where does the porter imagine he is guarding the gate?
The gate to Heaven
14. Who discovers Duncan’s body?
Flee to England and Ireland
16. Who is proclaimed king after Duncan is murdered?
17. Who will kill Banquo?
18. The two murderers are joined by ___________.
A third murderer
19. What is going on at Macbeth’s castle while the murderers are killing Banquo?
20. What vision does Macbeth see at the table?
21. What does the first apparition tell Macbeth?
22. What does the second apparition tell Macbeth?
“None of woman born shall harm Macbeth”
23. What does the third apparition tell Macbeth?
that he will fall when Birnam Wood comes to Dunsinane
24. What is the last vision that the witches show Macbeth?
25. Who warns Lady Macduff to leave her house?